Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Having Faith and Gratitude

    When the holiday season comes around, it seems like everyone is counting their blessings. I am no different. This year I have much to be grateful for, and many more people to be blessed with in my life. Last year I was facing the biggest health challenge of my life: a brain tumor. Luckily it was not cancerous, but I still had to go through surgery, radiation and chemo. There is still a chance that it can come back even after all the treatments I have been through. 

    As I pause and reflect on last year, I see how far I have come. It was both my faith and friends and family that got me through the hell of last year. For all of that I have gratitude beyond words. Last year taught me how to be strong, have faith, and enjoy life. Granted it was not, at times, easy. I realized that if you do not have faith and gratitude, then you really have an empty life. My faith became stronger as I trudged to each radiation session in Boston. My gratitude grew with each clean MRI. I was very blessed to have a great support system in my family and friends. And the best doctors on the planet.

     It has taken me a whole year to get my health back, and I am still going to Dana Farber for MRI's. My body is still recovering from the chemo, my hair is slowly growing back in. My thyroid is a work in progress, and so is losing the weight. I am still a work in progress; and I am totally okay with that. I know what my future holds for me and I am ready to take on the challenge. 2015 is going to be awesome! I can say that because I have both faith and gratitude. 

Until next time,

CC     

2 comments:

  1. You are my inspiration dear friend :) I am blessed to know you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. may you be blessed throughout your ongoing yhealing. thank you so much for following my blog Dena…. I am currently next door so to speak to Dana Farber, here with my daughter at Children's Hospital!

    ReplyDelete