Saturday, November 22, 2014

Art, Healing, and Spirituality

    I know, the title has nothing to do with crystals. Or does it? Let's first look at the word art, if you create any type of artistic medium, you have an idea of how the process works. If you have ever created a piece of art, you know that there is a flow, a rhythm to it, the process becomes more fluid and free. This is where the healing comes in. For some, creating art is a healing practice. It allows the person to be free of restraints and create without judgment. It can be very healing and liberating to be able to express what is bottled up inside. 

    For me, the process of creating is healing. I love to do mixed media work, and when I can't put together what I am feeling into words, I do it in paint and pictures. I love patterns and textures, some of my crystals are just like what I put down on the page. Crystals are colorful, they have patterns and inclusions and textures all their own. They are, in a way their own works of art. A great amount of energy and healing flows through them, much like the process when I create my art. So for me, they are both connected and intertwined. 

    Art and healing can tie in with spirituality, in Tibetan Buddhism, which is what I am, the monks create beautiful Mandalas made with colored sand. They are magnificent works of art! Created out of humility, healing and a deep devotion to the Buddha and Buddhism. I work in a spiritual place when I create, it brings me closer to my spiritual beliefs. It is working meditation, a connection to my healing abilities and my deep Buddhist beliefs. Below is a picture of a mandala:











Below is a picture of one of my crystals:


and finally, my art:






 So, I say combine your art, healing and spirituality and create! Until next time, 
CC




    



No comments:

Post a Comment