Saturday, March 26, 2016

Living in the Light of the Bodhisattva~2



So, now let's get down to the work. Yes, work, any spiritual path is work. Practising the Bodhisattva path is work. Waking up each morning and taking the vow is the intent. The work comes when you go out into the world and have to look at all living things as sentinent beings that need your compassion and help. Even the people you don't like. It can be hard, there are things that you have to let go of like ego. In my experience so far, some days are easier than others. If nothing I finally had that moment of enlightenment where I realized that taking the Bodhisattva vow was life changing. How did it come to me? Dealing with my ongoing health crisis. I had the option to take part in a clinical trial and that was the moment that I realized, "This is what the vow of Bodhisattva means. I am in service to all sentinent beings, taking part in the clinical trial is a way to give hope to to others who have what I have." It was a surreal moment. Some would have fear. I had peace. There was no fear, no second guessing, just a sense of peace.
In that one moment I realized I was doing the right thing and that I was truly being a Bodhisattva. Is my work done? Not by a long shot! There is still more work to be done, and until I am ready to leave this Earth, I will continue keeping my Bodhisattva vow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment